Summer 2009


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 9th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Larry Breaking the Swing 30 secs
Melanie & Larry in ChicagoMelanie & Larry in ChicagoMelanie & Larry in Chicago

With Lake Michigan and the Chicago Skyline.
Hello!

These pictures are from our busy Summer of 2009. And just remember, we did all this AND planned our wedding! (Hahaha!)

The first pictures are from a short trip we took to Chicago to visit our friends Harold and Brenda, who at the time, had just moved there. Here, we had a great time exploring the city (It was Larry's 1st time in 'The Windy City'!) and we even checked out some real estate in the area - just to keep our options open. It was also nice to see our friends and we shared some really nice dinners with them!

Next, my very good friend Lindsey got married in June! So, we celebrated her bachelorette party about a month beforehand, and then her big day with Isaac was on June 6th. I got to be in her wedding party, which was an honor and also taught me a lot, as it was the first Jewish wedding I had ever been to! Larry and I really enjoyed Lindsey & Isaac's day with them and also took notes for our own upcoming wedding! 😉

Around this same time, my little sister Lisa graduated from DHS! There is a photo from her Prom Day, and also, from her Senior Party at the high school...where my whole family volunteered to help (and keep an eye on her! Haha! J/K)

A couple weeks later, we headed to New York to celebrate Ian's 2nd birthday with him! It was a fun day - they had the celebration at a nearby park where we ate and opened presents together...

Finally, onto July...Larry and I were working "odd jobs" all summer - one of which was working the "Flipbook Booth" at parties and corporate events for my Dad's friend, Mike. Anywho, one such job brought us up north to the lovely Traverse City, Michigan (Again, a special trip because it was Larry's first time in northern Michigan). My whole family decided to come along and stay for a few nights to enjoy Traverse City, the popular Cherry Festival that was going on at the time, and to celebrate my 28th birthday! It was a lot of fun! I LOVE Traverse City!!!

And finally, one more event - The Detroit Air Show we attended as my cousin Jeremy's guests (he works for Budweiser so we got to hang in their tent!)
Brenda & HaroldBrenda & HaroldBrenda & Harold

With Lake Michigan and the Chicago Skyline.
We saw some really neat things here, although I was getting a bit stressed with all of the wedding errands left to do and the date quickly approaching. The highlight of the day was my dad trying to find a Michael's store for me with his GPS and driving us all over the state, just to find that the listing was old and the store no longer there!!! Ahhh!!

What a summer! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Harold & LarryHarold & Larry
Harold & Larry

At Navy Pier
Captain on the helm.Captain on the helm.
Captain on the helm.

A bronze statue at Navy Pier.
Giant StatueGiant Statue
Giant Statue

A statue of Grant Woods famous painting 'American Gothic'.
Chicago Water TowerChicago Water Tower
Chicago Water Tower

Constructed in 1869 using big limestone blocks.
Oprah's ApartmentOprah's Apartment
Oprah's Apartment

She has the top 2 floors.
The Sears TowerThe Sears Tower
The Sears Tower

aka The Willis Tower
Lindsey's Bachelorette PartyLindsey's Bachelorette Party
Lindsey's Bachelorette Party

Lindsey and her sister Kimmy
Lindsey's Bachelorette PartyLindsey's Bachelorette Party
Lindsey's Bachelorette Party

Melanie, Lindsey, & Kimmy


Tot: 1.342s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 97; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb