Hell on wheels


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 24th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 126 (Monday 24/08/09, NJJ)
Packed everything up. Dropped bags off at lockers in bus station. Got the car back to the rental place bang on 12.15pm, the exact time it had to be back for phew. Lunch at a food court. You had to be there but - whilst Jamie was looking at the menu a guy who was queuing asked him 'are you ready to go?' Jay looking quite shocked said 'Where?', I struggled to contain my laughter as the guy was referring to being served but Jay responded as if he thought he wanted to take him somewhere - 'douche-bag'. That tickled me, and Jamie too, all day long. Wandered around Gastown next. I bought a fantastic mini pan and brush in the dollar store, what a cool purchase or at least I thought it was. I sat on a grass bank near the bus station for a time soaking up the sun whilst Jay went to look in a comic store then off to bus station. Checked in for the Greyhound trip from Vancouver to Bozeman, Montana, USA. Bus left station at 6.30pm and around 7.15pm we crossed from Canada into the US at Blaine, Washington. Went through Customs then back on the bus and officially into the USA. The Vancouver to Seattle part of the trip was fab. Plenty of room and free seats - brill. Arrived at Seattle around 10.25am - what a s**t hole the Greyhound station was and the people there were just as bad. I was dreading the remainder of the trip. We left the depot at 11pm sat in the worst seats ever on a bus. I did see the Space Needle through the bus window. The seats were broken and so not adjustable which mean that we were sat with our knees under our chins - absolute hell. I felt anxious and had a slight panic attack. The bus was completely full too so there was no hope of improvement. We had very little sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Space NeedleThe Space Needle
The Space Needle

NatI loves Greys Anatomy


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb