Day 12 - Coburg, OR to Ocean Park, WA


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It rained overnight and was very cloudy this morning. We figured we'd better put on the rain gear then maybe it won't rain on us. Wrong! We started out at 8AM and got about a hour down the road when a misty rain started. This wasn't bad though as you could still see where you were going. Not like the frog-stragglers we get in Georgia. We stopped though so I could stuff Piper down my jacket in case the rain got heavy We only had 200 mi to cover and the clouds were trying to clear. By the time we arrived in Astoria, OR and before crossing the bridge, the sun had come out....still in the 50's though but nice.

Drove up at Sara's around 1 PM. It was so good to see her. She has lost tons of weigh. Unlike me who has been eating weight back on daily since the start of this trip. Oh well, I'm on vacation, damn it! Since they only have a twin bed in the guest room, we're staying in our cozy camper which we promtly setup. Piper got acquainted again with Dat and Lulu and the new dog, Ora. She also snarfed some of their food down before I could catch her and has thrown up twice. Oh well.

Sara had to go get some decorations for the parade she's in on the 4th, so we left to grab some lunch. Stopped by to buy some fireworks for the 4th before they get picked over. It is so much more crowded here than usual because of the holiday weekend. I'm afraid the peninsula will sink with all the extra traffic.

When she gets back, we're headed for the new restaurant in town called Lost Roo. The food has an Aussie flair. George got a dish with flat steak that was wonderful. We were the last people to leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb