Day 11 - Trinidad, CA to Coburg, OR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Eugene
July 1st 2010
Published: July 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dressed in full leathers again this morning. Not much sightseeing today other than what we saw from the bike which was quite a bit. We finished up the ride up the California coast and saw the last of the Redwood Forest. On the way, we went through elk country they was about 50, mostly does, on one sideof the road just grazing right. As we went a bit further, saw two big bucks grazing on the edge of the road. We stopped for these and I was able to get a good look and a picture. They were in full velvet, Patty!

Once we crossed into Oregon, we took off our leathers and followed a beautiful river running along side the freeway. The water was so clear and blue-green. It started clouding up a bit but no rain.....yet. We may be on the edge of it and may catch up with it on our last leg to Sara's tomorrow. She said it is raining there. Guess we'll start of tomorrow in rain gear. At least, we're out of the heat now.

We arrived at Eugene's Kamping RV World around 3 pm and set up quickly. Headed to a nearby truck stop for dinner then came back to wash clothes and write this blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb