Day 13 - Ocean Park, WA


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The three horses in the pastureThe three horses in the pastureThe three horses in the pasture

Anastasia, Blaze and Rocky
If felt good to sleep in this AM. Sara was already up getting stuff ready for us to go ride. We headed over to the horses around 11 am. Sara's horse is Anastasia and I was riding Blaze that belongs to Sara's friend Ashley. The other horse in the pasture is Rocky, a paint. We rode a bit down the road but the traffic was horrible with all the extra people on the peninsula. Came back to the pasture and just rode around there some. Watched Sara put Anastasia through her paces. She really has learned a lot about horses in this past year.

After we finished riding, Sara and I went to Full Circle Cafe for some lunch. It's right next to the Ocean Park Beach approach. We finally reached Geroge and Paulie who has gone on the bike to breakfast and to the Coast Guard station for look around. They met us back at the cafe where George and I stayed and he had dessert. Sara had to get ready for the group of friends that were coming over to make decorations for the horses for the parade tomorrow. George, Piper and I went for a walk on the beach and watched people fly kites.

Everybody started showing up for the decorating party around 5 pm. We made pina coladas and margaritas and chips and dips and served it outside where they started making the decorations. Got finished around 7 pm and we ordered pizza for supper.

Tomorrow Sara's got the parade to get the horse ready. She's riding Blaze since he is a calmer horse in crowds. We stayed home tonight and ordered pizza.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb