#3 Roanoke, VA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Roanoke
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sadly we left Eric's place in Arlington and decended southward to the home of the parents of Laura. We had a wonderful past 24 hours starting with our farewell party in DC. We sucessfully were able to finish the Ben and Jerry's Vermonster ice cream sundae. This is 20 scoops of deliciousness! We then went to the Brickskeller, in Dupont, home of more than 3000 beers from all over the world. Thank you to all of our friends who bid us farewell. Our friend Lyssa flew in from Italy to attend our farewell party and to drive the last half of our stuff to our storage unit, aka the basement of Laura's parents home.

Today we started the day with a 3 mile run, then a trip to the local vineyards, then to the local county fair where we had funnel cakes, deep fried oreos, and rode the ferris wheel. Currently we are about to watch the movie "Love Actually" one of all of our favs. Sadly, Hollywood video is closing all over America so when we return, it will be Netflix all the way. After two more days in Roanoke and Laura's GRE's its off to Buffalo, NY.


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th May 2010
Photo 42

U look nice and like 35 years old!
13th June 2010

your pics & blog
Its my first time visiting your blog since you first set it up. I like all of the pics. They look great! I can't wait to see your pics of South Africa!
14th June 2010

Nice pics!
I like the pics you posted! Looks like you had a nice farewell reception. Wish I had been there. I was surprised to see a picture of myself online-I remember you explaining the Chinese letters prior to taking the picture.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb