farewell dc


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again,
This will be the last blog of the DC metro area as our farewell party is Friday in DuPont after which we decend further south to the land of Jefferson Davis to Roanoke to visit with Laura's parents and to drop off the last of our "5 week supplies." By 5 week supplies I mean after putting our belongings into storage at the end of March we were to keep the vital essentials to tide us over at work and school. Well apparently we cannot fit these essentials into my compact Civic. As such we have enlisted the help of our friend Lyssa who is flying in from Italy for the farewell party. So our caravan will crawl south departing this Saturday. On Sunday a possible trip to the Monticello or a vineyard await.

I am a quite sad this week to leave such a nice and hospitable area. Yesterday I went to my final iteration of country line dancing. Over the years I have become actually quite good at this unique southern style of dance and quite accustomed to the twangy music I so despised while living in Buffalo. Tonight I will go to my final Russia House happy hour. The home of the former ambassador of the Soviet Union to the United States was turned into a swank lounge and restaurant. They boast the largest selection of vodka on the Eastern Coast. I think there are more than 100. Our farewell party will be our last trip to Ben and Jerry's where we will consume the 20 pound ice cream sundae and to the Brickskeller, which boasts the largest selection of beer in the US. They advertise more than 3000 beers from around the globe but their inventory seems to have frequent shipment delivery issues. Still though they have a great selection of beers.

Thats all for now. Will be posting next from Roanoke.
Farewell DC!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb