Days 8-11 LA to Vermont


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 - last day in LA - Santa Monica Peir in wonderful sun. Flying overnight to Denver
Day 9 - started at midnight waiting for my flight which was meant to leave at 11.59pm and didnt leave til 12.45ish. brilliant :p But that was to Boston, where my aunt met me at the airport - thanks Bev!- and we spent the day there, mainly at the Harvard Natural History Museum. Drove to Vermont late that night, but I slept the whole way. We followed a guardian angel almost all the way at the right speed! brilliant.
Day 10 - started at 12.15am waking up to get into my 'cousins' Vermont house - its beautiful. Slept through the morning, then went for a drive around the area. Vermont houses are beautiful, quite British in architecture, very nice. Our mini roadtrip ended at the supermarket and post office. We watched a bit of a movie then headed out to the lake at about 7, before dark, attempting to see beavers but failed :p. The lake is really beautiful though.
Day 11 - Slept in again, went kayaking on the lake, dinner out.
Day 12 - today - raining :p driving around the area, stopped at a cheese makers place and saw them making cheese 😊 also stopped at a bookshop. Having lunch at a wi-fi cafe/bakery, is all very tasty, with bottomless fair trade coffee 😊 mmmm coffee....
The Plan - Saturday (today is Thursday) we go to to Montreal to drop Georgia off, stay there overnight, and road trip back Sunday, bypassing Vermont to get back to Florida as soon as - but we'll stop in NY, Washington DC, and a couple of other places 😊
God bless,
xoxo em
ps photos to come 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb