Salt Lake City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Draper
June 30th 2016
Published: July 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

30 Jun 2016: Today we are driving up to Salt Lake City to visit with our sister Barbara and some of her children. This is a special event for us as I have not seen her in several years. Barbara is not in very good health and we don'T want to miss an opportunity to see her. We also enjoy visiting with her children and their families. Jeanne and I believe that family members can be together forever. That helps us to forge strong bonds and constitutes a blessing to help us through our mortal journey here on Earth.
We are taking the scenic route. From Cedar City we proceed North on Utah State Route 30 through Minersville, route 257 through Milford and across the Black Rock Desert to Delta, then North on route 6 to Elberta where we pick up route 68 North to Draper. We stopped briefly to inspect the wind farm and acres of solar panels accompanied by an unseen geothermal power plant, ample evidence that we have access to non polluting power sources sufficient to meet our needs. A little later a Pronghorn Antelope ambles across the sparsely traveled highway, stops about 100 ft away and turns to inspect us. Not much farther on we encounter three more antelope and still later, we see a magnificent buck with impressive horns. Pronghorn is a very interesting species, misnamed as an antelope. None of these animals seemed frightened by our presence. The town of Delta was once known as a source for fossils and I remember a science/travel program where, for a small fee, you could split shale to look for imbedded fossils. We passed through the Tintic mining district with its semi ghost town. We contunued on North into the sprawling megapolis of Salt Lake Valley and our RV park in Draper.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb