Good News/Bad News


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Corpus Christi
September 10th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the BeachOn the BeachOn the Beach

That's the USS Lexington behind me.
Well, the good news is that we actually enjoyed our day today. Took off in our rental car and travelled around the area....out to the barrier beach, stopping along the way. We even visited a decommissioned aircraft carrier that they've made into a museum. It was fun day and we got to see more of this area than just this motel room and immediate area.
The bad news is that we won't be able to cross over the border till Monday. The part for the van didn't come in today. They've promised that it would be in tomorrow and that we would have our vehicle back by the end of the day. That would be Friday afternoon. There are no border crossings Saturdays or Sundays. So, I think Saturday morning we'll head south, closer to Brownsville.....just for a change of scenery. Getting a bit tired of the Sludget Inn...I mean, Budget Inn. We may head to an area just north of Brownsville called South Padre Island. If we're going to spend the whole of Sunday somewhere, it may as well be on the beach. It's considered off season around here, so prices are reasonable.
Plus, we'll be just about 30 miles
Gulf Shore BeachGulf Shore BeachGulf Shore Beach

Nothing like a good run on the beach!
outside Brownsville...ready for an early morning crossing on Monday.
My cell phone can still be used....as long as I am in the States....and that looks like it'll be thru the week-end.
Stay tuned!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bill and LoboBill and Lobo
Bill and Lobo

In front of the hotel, waiting for me and Sebastian.


10th September 2010

"The Island"
We'll let you know they "do things" on the Island once we get there. Our van will be done this afternoon, one more night at this horrible place, then south to the Island. Always nice to hear from you two!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb