Still Not Moving


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Corpus Christi
September 8th 2010
Published: September 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the BeachOn the BeachOn the Beach

Sebastian enjoying the views...
Well, Hermine has passed...but now we're dealing with the van. Last night (Monday eve) was pretty wild with much rain and wind.....lots and lots of wind. It sounded like a typical New England Nor'Easter lying in bed listening. The difference being that it was 80 degrees and muggy outside.....not 10 degrees and snowing.
Now, we have to deal with the van. Tomorrow morning, we bring it in to the local Ford dealership where they will determine whether we need a whole manifold, or can get away with just a part. We're hoping for just the part, of course, mainly because it's about a $400 difference in price. Whatever it be, we'd love them to finish the job tomorrow so we can continue to Brownsville by early evening....and cross the border Thursday morning. Friday morning will be O.K., too..but the sooner the better. We've been on the road just about 2 weeks, and living in hotel rooms almost that whole time. It's time to get "home" to our casa.
I do believe the dogs are beginning to think of this crappy little Budget Inn hotel room as home. They know which way to walk to get back to the room and what the "schedule" is. Scary.....we've just been here too long. Both Bill and I are ready to hit the road again.
Hopefully, that will be my next blog.....back on the road.



Advertisement



8th September 2010

hola peej! miss you guys. try to have fun -no matter what. looks like Sebastian is happy
9th September 2010

Sunshine!
Miss you, too. So nice to see you on this blog! We're making the most of it, for sure.....
9th September 2010

The Border or Bust is Right!
We'll make it....got this far, we ain't turnin' back now, Paula!
10th September 2010

Just love hearing from everybody...!!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb