Nashville Zoo


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

April 21st 2007

Not much to say about this travel- as it was only within Nashville about 5 miles from our house. Nashville has a zoo and we have a monkey at home so we decided to go, Simple!
This was on our list of things to see before we left Nashville so we decided to do it when my parents were there so they could have some fun too. And what a zoo it was without the king of the jungle, I am not kidding…there were no lions!! But there were cougars and we also saw their feeding, there were merkeet which were too cute, Bengal tigers, Giraffes, African Elephants, Monkeys and a petting area with sheep and a donkey, a bird house where you can feed these birds with nectar and if you are smart enough get them to sit on your hand and if you are dumb enough like me ... get them to pee on you! So on the whole it was not bad. For fellow Nashvillians- there aren’t many places inside the zoo with drinking water so make sure you carry a lot of it with you as you walk into the zoo.

Some of the things we really enjoyed were- of course taking pictures, but apart from that the petting area was fun, the bird show with Archimedes the handsome owl, the cougar feeding was good but the parakeet feeding and getting the birds to nibble on your hand was precious! A place kids will surely enjoy. My parents have returned to India now but my in-laws are here and very soon we might make a trip to the zoo again with them 😊 Watch this blog for updated pics!

Since we went to the zoo..there are more pictures in the blog of animals than of humans...but I am not going to tell you which is which...go figure 😊





Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

 Archimedes up close Archimedes up close
Archimedes up close

He was a handsome owl but did not do any stunts as he was new and was just getting trained :)
StorkStork
Stork

I think...you see this was long ago and I forgot the names of many of these creatures
One MeerkatOne Meerkat
One Meerkat

These were so cute..those of you who know Timon in lion king..that's what he is.
Meerkat with a dogMeerkat with a dog
Meerkat with a dog

This was a dog that a person with a disability was using and wherever it moved..these merkeet followed.
Indian and Bengal TigerIndian and Bengal Tiger
Indian and Bengal Tiger

Full points if you can spot these two :)


26th May 2007

Good pictures makkale. paravaigal ellam azhaga iruku.
26th May 2007

adutha rathiri layum parthu comment eyuthum nanban ikku mikka nandri :)
26th May 2007

hey...adhu artha rathiri...adutha rathiri illa
26th May 2007

etho artham purinjuthu ille...ithu santh thaane?
28th May 2007

I remember someone mentioning about a visit to this zoo during my trip there....indha zoo ku enna azhaichindu pogalaamnu dream la kooda yosikaadheenga.......hope you guys will leave the monkey at zoo during your next visit....
28th May 2007

Hey ungalukku time spend panrathukku enga iruntha enna ya? nanga kaasu kuduthu yearly membership vera vangirukkom la...ne pogum bothu monkey ya angaye vitutu vanthudu :)
31st May 2007

???
Hey...unaku ethu di monkey? And btw, blog published nu link e varalaye?
1st June 2007

re:???
anitha va sonnein. i am not sure why you did not get the e-mails. are u not using your yahoo id?

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb