2009 SUMMER VACATION


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Dakota
August 7th 2009
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last morning here. I didn't sleep much at all. Did I tell anyone I don't like camping? We go into have breakfast. They have eggs made to order, pancakes, fruit, coffee. Not too bad.

We pack up our bikes and it is time to leave. I want to stop to get a pair of boots I was trying on before we leave. Now I have to ride a little more in Sturgis. We head downtown get the boots and then on our way. We decide the route home will be through Newell, up to Reva, go into ND and ride the Enchanted Highway and see how far we get.

We take the Interstate leaving Sturgis then head to Newell. We stop for gas, have a pop and snack. Back on the road again. We definitly travel differently when the guys are with. Not as many stops and faster.

Between Newell and Reva we hit a little bump in the road and decide to head east at Reva. in Reva we stop for a beer and then head out to Bison. We have to stop in Bison to find a "nut" for my bike. I'm falling apart. Of couse in an old Texeco station they have what we need. Since we are heading this direction we decide the place to stay tonight will be Mobridge.

From Bison we take Hwy 20 to 73 to 20 and stop in Isabel again. Same place, still pretty quiet. The last stretch for today Isabel to Mobridge. We get a room at The Wrangler Inn, pretty nice. Unload the bikes and head over to a steak house for supper.

Back to the rooms and to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb