Kate's Birthday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Santee
March 21st 2015
Published: March 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We started out the morning at 10 am on our way north. It was a 2 min drive to 95 and we were moving along with all the other snow birds that decided it was time to head home. Yes, the traffic was heavy.



We made good time till an accident up ahead backed up traffic for 10 miles. Then it was stop and go, then go like crazy, then stop again. It turned out the accident was in the south bound lane so all our traffic was unnecessary. It was a very mangled tractor trailer, hope no one was killed.



Had a couple of stops then got into a driving groove and kept truckin. We arrived at Santee State Park in SC about 4:40pm and settled into our lake view campsite. We went for a nice walk then both Oscar and I collapsed. I sat by the lake for a while taking in the view til it started getting dark then went back to the camper.



I am including a view from the camper. I hope to take a boat tour of the lake tomorrow, it is huge and might take too long. We are staying another night, can't face the snow and cold in the north yet.



Today is my granddaughter Kate's 21st birthday. Happy Birthday Kate...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 100; dbt: 0.2267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb