On the road again


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blogger: DJ
Location: Somewhere outside Hershey, PA

Ok, so we are off again.

First I have to say, that it's really neat to see so many comments and to have people wanting to check in on our trip. Thanks for reading! We would have posted this morning, but were having technical difficulties.

Last night I was pretty darn sick, so I barely got any sleep. Katie will be doing most of the driving today anyway, so hopefully I can work in a nap or two.

This morning, we decided that we want to be at our next hotel (Bristol, VA) by 10 pm. Since google tells us that the drive will take 6.5 hours, we figure we had to leave Hershey by 2:30 to allow time for meals and gas.

Given a couple of hours of time, we decided to go to hershey park, but rather than spend approx. $50 a piece on admission to the park proper, (espically considering how queasy I was) we went to Hershey's Chocolate World. It was a cute little build that was almost like an interactive hershey museum. We took a ride to learn how chocolate was made (complete
Scary Animatronic CowsScary Animatronic CowsScary Animatronic Cows

Scary Animatronic Cows
with scary animatronic cows) We also saw a chessy 3D presentation glorifying chocolate. I'll tell ya, more corporations should have theme parks to indoctrinate impressionable potential customers. Who wouldn't want to Fidelity Fields and ride the "Cash Management Coaster" or the "401k Flume"?

Anyhoo, after some lunch and retail therapy, we got back on Interstate 81 @ 2:10 a full 20 minutes ahead of schedule! w00t!

Now all we need to do is stay on this road for 450 miles... yay.

At least I'm not driving. 😊

Miles remaining today at end of blog post: 395.0
Estimated time of arrival at today's destination with no stops: 8:18pm
Miles remianing overall: 1369.2


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Scary Animatronic Cow AssesScary Animatronic Cow Asses
Scary Animatronic Cow Asses

Scary Animatronic Cow Asses
What Camera?What Camera?
What Camera?

Did the announcer just tell us to say cheese?


12th June 2007

Hey DJ, Ryan linked me to this. All this for the sake of Fidelity...that's devotion. Good luck. I'm surprised this site didn't get blocked.
12th June 2007

Cute. Very cute. I'm glad to see that you guys are stopping to see the sights along the way and that you're having so much fun! :)
12th June 2007

Poop
Because I know when I think of chocolate I think of animatronic cow asses. Glad to hear you made it to destination 1 safe and sound. It looks like day two should be a little easier of a drive.
12th June 2007

And...
Ok so there was chocolate and then cow parts (of varying sorts)...and now Katie is driving (that should improve the queasy stomach DJ)...And...waiting for the next chapter...DJ if Katie is going to drivie you have to do the technology part...Think of the people waiting for a statandkmac update!!!! Maybe education should have a theme park and have roller coasters and things...then everyone would have fun and learn and want to come some more...and what a concept pay and play!!!! Love ya!
13th June 2007

DJ, the scary animatronic cows remind me of all the scary animatronic creatures, like frogs, in Splash Mountain in Disney. Remember? :)

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb