Day 9 to 12 - Oklahoma to Rosswell, New Mexico


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma
September 15th 2009
Published: September 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 9 - Mainly involved driving through Oklahoma - not much to say on this day apart from us visited somerandom large statues during our journey.

Day 10 - went to Amarillo Texas through Oklahoma along part of route 66and stopped at a museum. Really interesting, talked about all the farmers who were asked to help build the road and their accounts. The children who would walk miles on a hot trek to bring the farmers water for a cent, how it enriched families lives etc. And how the law changed where by any man aged 21-30 something had to work 8 hrs a day on the road otherwise they would be fined $5 which would be known as 'road tax' and how the road eventually closed due to better roads being built. It was quite sad, end of an era for all those men that worked so hard on them! We also stopped off at the famous cadillac ranch which has been featured in movies and many music video's. The ten cadillacs are all nose down in the ground all facing the same direction. We all took some spray paint and sprayed all over them. Dont worry, its allowed! Then to Amerillo texas where we visited a steak house who had a 72 oz steak challenge. If you ate 72 oz worth of steak you got it for free. 3 people took the challenge and they all lost! personally the sight of that much meat was pretty sickening!

Day 11 - Carlsbad, New Mexico. This is where we visited Carlsbad Caverns...a very large cave for you to walk deep down into and around to look at how the caves were formed. A very fascinating and LARGE place!!! Unfortunately it was too difficult to take opictures down in the caves so we dont have any!

Day 12 - We headed to Rosswell, New Mexico - the place famous for its UFO sightings. The whole town is a very wierd place, with everything associated to the supposed aliens that have landed there before. We visited a museum about the sightings. Unfortunatly we didnt get to see area 51 as we ran out of time.




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb