Day 1 to 4 - New Jersey to Louisville, Kentucky


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
September 17th 2009
Published: September 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So the start of our America adventure begins. We had a little panic the night before our tour when we suddenly realized we had no idea where our Trek America tour was picking us up from and how far away from our hostel it was. After a little stress and sweat we managed to get to our starting point on time. Our first stop was to the finger lakes where we visited one of the tallest water falls in the North of America and also a couple of wineries on the way to our camp. A Fairly chilled day involving a fair bit of driving.

The next day, we went to Niagra falls, nothing like you could really imagine, it was huge! Niagra falls has two waterfalls which is in between America and Canada... you can see both falls...Canada's is the most impressive. We also went on the maid of the mist boat which takes you right into the middle of it and you get soaked! The force of the water you can see from miles away!

The third day just involved alot of driving through Oklahoma and visiting the rock and roll museum which featured Jonny Cash's tour bus and memorabelia from the like of the Rolling Stones and the Beatles etc

On the fourth day, we visited Louisville, Kentucky which was pritty cool, obviously where KFC came from...so we had to get a picture which Mr Sanders!!lol, funny enough we didn't see any KFC'S there?! They had live bands right in the heart of this tiny place which was free, some we had heard of before. Our first opportunity to properly sample some of America's finest vodka...obviously we had to try it in a fairly large quantity to make sure our judgement was fair! $10 for 2 hours of drinking as much as you like. Lets just say the next day our heads were a little sore!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb