A few things i missed off the last blog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well yesterday i forgot to mention a kid who i am working with at the moment in my singing class.
Basically she seems to be challenged in the way that she expresses her emotions and often comes across as slow and as if she doesnt understand. She is also quite easily angered...kinda like a toddler.
Basically i am working closely with her (she's called Destiny), gradually teaching her about notes and how to read music. Im not doing it alone as i have Rita (the staff member from Ireland) helping me out with her behaviour but Rita doesnt really have any muscial knowledge so the teaching is kinda up to me.
It can be hard sometimes as it requires a lot of patience as music is even hard for the most able children. She gets quite angry and upset when she cant do something but when she does do something right and starts to understand things its like a wall is broken down and she communicates just like any other kid...its quite amazing to see.
Yesterday i helped her name the notes in both treble and bass clef and today i helped her complete the sheet and learn how to draw the treble clef. When she did it right and saw how able she was its was really good. Its definitely a fulfilling job to do in the class but i dont kno if i could do it as a career or anything.

A lot of the kids here are returning campers from camps we have already held this summer so they already have favourite staff members but since there is more girls than boys at this camp there has had to be a reshuffle of which kid goes where...so some campers are not with the councellors who they hoped to be with. Some of the campers are quite possesive over these councellors and can get violent when they see the other kids interact with them. Some councellors have even had to put off talking to each other because of the kids getting violent towards them if they talk to each other. Kinda scary. Destiny has kinda got a bit like that with me and Rita but not as bad as some of them as we actually are able to stop her before she gets violent...at the moment she just gives them death stares, mocks them and shouts at them!

Had my first take-away from Taco Bell yesterday...wasnt that bad...probably tasted nicer than it is because i was sooooo hungry...i mean yesterday i just didnt want to eat any of the food (lunch = corn dog...it looks disgusting so i havent even tried it, dinner = fake ham, cheesy potatoes & green beans) so i just had a bowl of cereal in the morning, a bread roll for lunch and a bread roll for dinner. Managed to get a lift out of camp later on so actually ate so food...ok so it wasnt great healthy food but it was still food which i actually chose!
Bought myself a batch of soup from Walmart tho so now if i even dont want to eat a meal then at least i can eat some soup!

Had a weird dream last night tho...think it was to do with the late unhealthy feast! I wud explain it to u but u dont kno the people so it wouldnt make much sense to u!

Feel really happy at the moment. The sun is shining, i feel more in control and i am definitely more comfortable where i am 😊
Thinking next year i'll try working in Brazil ova summer. Definitely want to spend my summer abroad rather than in the UK...i mean i have the whole year in the UK and i want to see the world so i wanna take every opportunity i have to get out! My Brazillian room-mate suggested that i could go over and work as an English teacher as i would pick up Portugease really quickly if i were to be continuoulsy around interested students!

So yer thats it for now...sorry about 2 blogs in like 24hours! Hope it isnt too much of an overload!

Missing u all still!
Looking forward to seeing u all again soon and hope u are keeping safe!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



16th July 2008

Corn dogs are actually delicious, despite the way they look. Kinda like Sloppy Joes! :P Tell me, have you had a S'more yet??!?! Love you lots! xxxxxxxx
17th July 2008

Check you missus!
wahoo! sounds like you're having an awesome time! and whether u see it or not, you have definitely matured as you're not daunted by the suggestion of going to Brazil and you're really making headway with Destiny (I'm loving her name!!! it is rocking my world fo'sho;) ) the incident with this odd dude sound quite funny tbh...boys are totally weird so hang in there lol! ;) nah 2 entries is awesome- i like hearing about what ur up to... ;) i got sent a verse by the lovely J. C and i wanna pass it onto u... Numbers 6:24-26 'May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on yu and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favour and give you his peace.' AMEN! BTW it's ace that u taught a girl how to pray- discipleship! wahoo! love u xxx

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb