End of Summer camp...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yes...another camp has been completed. The longest one is over and everyone is now attempting to rest and regain their sanity before the final kids camp which is another social services camp, starting on Wednesday!

Few things to catch u up on with regards to music camp!
Found out that the guy who kept referring to me as beauty and future wife is in fact Destiny's older brother...oh its funny how the world works!
Destiny became increasingly protective over me towards the end and shouted at anyone did as much as rolled their eyes as me telling the to be quiet...in fact i had to sit between her and another girl cos she was so determined to start a fight with her....the other girl didnt help either...continuously retaliating to all of Destiny's comments...some kids eh!
On the final performance a person just had to touch my arm and Destiny would try and start on them. It was quite funny but not at the same time.

On the last night and last day i helped out Cabin 6 (the youngest girls cabin for this camp) as one of their councellors had bad news with regards to a family member. The girls were so cute! They were the ones i helped out with homesickness on during night watch and were very welcoming to me as a temporary councellors. One of them even referred to me as her camp mum which i thought was really sweet!

The heat here at the moment is unreal. I really want a storm right now! Apparently the weather was like in the 40*c a day or two ago!

Went to the Golden Corral again yesterday. Was nice but as per usual i ate way too much! Self control really isnt my forte when im in an all u can eat!
Off to see Batman today. Should be good...Heath Ledgers final performance...

Worked out i have just under 3 weeks left at this camp before i am off to Vegas to meet the family :D cant wait but will miss this camp.
A lot of staff members are starting to ask each other if they can see themselves coming back next year or not. Personally i am more eager to explore other areas of the world, in particular Brazil but if God wants me back here than here is where i will come!
Would not be a programme director next year though if i came back. Although the greater amount of time off is nice, i would like greater contact hours with the kids...to actually build relationships with them and get to kno them. At the moment i am only able to make friends with a few due to not really seeing them a lot as they only really come to my programme area once unless they are in my club and even if they are thats just a total of 10 hours during the whole week which is pretty much how much a councelor could get in one day!

Looking forward to the post camp sessions. Apparently there is quite a variation like Single parent camp and teen camp...should be interesting...especially with teen camp as a lot of the American staff come back as campers...that will be weird!

Got woken up at 5 last night by racoons...well technically i was awake anyways because it was soooo hot but they made so much noise it wasnt likely i was getting back to sleep. There were 2 of them and they were climbing all over my porch. Decided to throw some food out for them in the hope that they would realise they were being watched but it didnt really work that way. They looked cool tho! Did say that i wanted to see a racoon at camp and now ive seen 2! Woop! Was worried that a moose or bear was on my porch cos they were making that much noise but thankfully it was nothing that big...although they were the size of fat cats!

Realised last night i have been having some serious blonde moments...well one in particular. Basically there is this camp song which i have hated since i got here because i thought it was racist. At one point it says 'Let me see ur Schwarzenegger' and the kids show their muscles...up until my little realisation last night i thought they were saying 'Let me see ur Swastika'...and showing their arms as if they have the badge on them...yer ok i feel dumb! At least now i can sing that song feelinga little happier about things!

Played Brazillian Uno last night. Tis a lot more fun than UK uno...in fact i have forgotten how to play regular UNO now! Shall show it to anyone who is interested once i return home!

Have been having so really weird dreams recently.
Like when i had a nap during a really long day, i dreamt that i lost all my teeth at this camp and had to go to the dentish who gave me veniners which were wonky. I then had to go back to camp where the snake escaped and ate the hamsters, grew bigger and started eating campers! Also in that dream there was a bit where a mini tornado came and tore off my WWJD band...it was weird!
last night i dreamt that i was in Talkin Tarn, not sure why...then Becca gave me a dog which was sooooo cute and i had to train. I was rather mean to it for some reason and then it became really shy and anxious...like it lost its personality and i just broke down and asked for forgiveness and started to treat it in the way which is should be treated.

Hope everyone is good and enjoying the summer. Wish i could send some sunshine over to the UK as we have too much of it here!
Sorry about the long blog...hope u managed to get through it ok!

Missing u all and hope ur all keeping safe!
Luvs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



23rd July 2008

Yummm Golden Corral is very yummy! Am glad you're enjoying the camp enough to want more time with the kids. Can't believe you've only got 3 weeks left! This summer is going a lot faster than I thought it would. Looking forward to seeing you back in Lancs!! xxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb