2009 SUMMER VACATION


Advertisement
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today it is the girls turn to leave. Connie gets to my house about 10AM and we are on our way. The day is sunny and dry. The temp is a little cool, but that is OK.

Our route of course begins on County Rd 17 South to Hwy 46, and we are on our way west. Enderlin, hmm, sounds like a good place to stop. We choose The Friendly Bar. Of course, since it is before noon we are the only ones in the bar. The bartender/owner is very friendly and we visit for awhile. Back on the bikes and venture all the way to Fort Ransom for lunch. Not too many places to pick from here so we head into Thor's Bar and Grill. A few more people here. Again we visit with locals. I love Fort Ransom. Nice small town. Our next gas stop will be Edgeley. We head south out of Fort Ransom to Hwy 27, jump on 1 for a bit and then Hwy 13. Gas up in Edgeley and we are off again. Wishek here we come. It's been a while since we have had a beverage and visited with the locals so it is time to stop in Wishek. The town is pretty quiet so we stop at The Larriet Bar. By now it is 3:30 in the afternoon. We know how to make the most out of a day! We better get on our way to make Linton before dark. We pull into Don's Motel about 5:30. Nice little motel. Clean, cumffy beds. Since we are hungry and of course thirsty we decide to walk up town to find a cafe. A sign points us to Sisters Cafe, so we head that way. We get side tracked on Main Street?? and end up in one of the local beer establishments, Happy Hour. We had a great time. Not many people in the bar. Visited with a few. It's pizza again tonight for supper and then back to the motel by 10:30. Del calls while we are at the bar, following is a small summary of their day.

Today Steve, Del and Mark are heading over Beartooth Hwy. They say the Montona side hwy was good, Wyoming side was not. Once they conquer Beartooth they head for Cheif Joseph Scenic Highway. A great ride. They cross the highest bridge in WY. It's Cody WY tonight for the guys. Mark heads to a hotel, Steve and Del are camping.

It appears that the guys were into the outdoor scenery today, Connie and I, well we were checking out the views indoors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb