Weekend in Asheville


Advertisement
Published: October 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We definitely slept in! After tea, coffee, toast and egg whites we took showers. Our goal was to go exploring but honestly we felt so sick we decided to take it easy and stay at the campground. We had dinner reservations at 'The Admiral' so we did venture out for that. I had an arugula salad, Ken had a baguette/butter and we shared Mahi, cauliflower and asparagus.

After returning to the RV Ken went to join his friends for a drink, I just wanted to rest. This is a nasty cold or whatever it is! We watched some baseball and then went to bed.

Saturday- our usual routine, but today we must get out for awhile! We head to the 'True Nature Country Fair' (a celebration of life in connection with the earth). I'm not sure what to expect but I know there will be hippies there. There are A LOT of hippies in Asheville. We stopped at Starbucks in Ingles grocery and I got a cool lime refresher and Ken got an Americano. The salad bar looked fabulous so we decided to get a salad to go. I don't want to count on the Fair for food. We
drove to the fair and parked and ate our delicious salads in the truck. Then we walked to the entrance, passing rental cottages on the way. The entrance fee is $10 each. We walked around, there really isn't much to do. It is beautiful land and a nice lake. There is probably not more than 20 booths-mainly crafts, hippie clothes. We did buy some local honey, took a few pictures and walked around-which didn't take long. Afterwards we drove around exploring the town of Flat Rock. We stopped at an apple orchard. They had an old apple processor-I'm not sure what to call it-it sorts apples. I remember seeing one on the movie 'Prancer'.

Afterwards we drove to Hendersonville. We walked around and had an early dinner at 'Never Blue'. It was just ok. We drove back to the RV. We put some laundry in; Ken played horse shoes with a guy he met. I blogged while he then went to have a drink with his 'friends'. We watched the Red Sox game and Bourne Identity before calling it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement




14th October 2013

How many hippies? Lol
Great post and photos! Yes, Asheville is a melting pot for hippies and many others.
27th October 2013
Lake at the Country Fair

Nature's nurture
Ever wonder if there's a God? Well you know without a doubt from being in nature. The pictures are wonderful. Good for you for taking life by the horns and riding it along.
27th October 2013
Lake at the Country Fair

You are right!
Thanks Josie-I enjoy your FB posts

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb