Day 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
February 1st 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally actually got up when the alarm went off this morning! 9.30 I was up and had a shower, finished getting ready, and then headed off to meet up with Mark and Jon for brekkie, yet again at our favourite diner – Metro Diner! I went for the bacon and eggs option again!

Following that, Madi headed down to get her social security number, and Mark, Jon and I went to the American Museum of Natural History to see the Brain Exhibition, and go to the Planetarium. We bought our tickets, and went straight to the Planearium. This show was narrated by Whoopi Goldburg which was pretty cool, and the visual effects were brilliant. However, her voice was quite soothing and as we were pretty much laying in these seats to watch the roof, I was drifting in and out a little bit!

From there we had about an hour before we needed to be at the Brain exhibition, so we split up, and I had a look at some of the other areas of the museum… And I’m not going to lie.. But they were pretty terrible. It was all stuffed animals, and quite clearly fake bones, and I really wasn’t that impressed.

Met up with the boys at the exhibition, and it took us probably an hour to get through that, but it was so much better than the rest of the museum. There was quite a few interactive parts, which made it much more interesting and fun!

After we left the museum, Jon headed home, and Mark and I headed back to our hostel, where I had a bit of a rest whilst waiting for Madi to get home.

We left almost as soon as Madi got back, and had a snack at Macca’s in Times Square, before heading to the Minskoff Theatre for The Lion King!! It was just as brilliant as I remember, more impressive than anything else is the costume and set design!! The colours and inventiveness of it all is just incredible! And the way they use the isles a lot was fantastic – especially as we had isle seats 😉 It was just as good as when we saw it in Sydney!

After the show, we went across the road to Planet Hollywood for a drink, and we were very amused by all the memorabilia, so it took us about 20 minutes just to get up to the bar! Once there we had a cocktail each, Madi going for the Pineapple Express, whilst I opted for the Dark Knight (with Jack Daniels being the main alcohol!).

Once we’d finished – drinking the alcohol, and singing along to all the glee songs they happened to be playing – we paid the check, and met up with Mark and Jon. From there, we went to a pizza place in Times Square. I had a cheese pizza (surprise!) and a corona.

At this point it was nearly midnight, so we all decided it was home time, and had an earlier night than usual!

Advertisement



2nd February 2011

Ooh! That Planetarium thing sounds good! I did the one in DC with Aaron at the Space Museum or something. Was it free in NYC? Wouldn't mind doing that again! x x
2nd February 2011

Naw it wasn't free, and whilst it was good... Like I said it did kinda put me to sleep =P

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb