Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 30th 2011
Published: January 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When Madi’s alarm went off at 9.30am, we cursed it and wanted to go back to sleep. Feeling a little seedy, we reluctantly got up and started packing our suitcases. We’d booked to check in at our next hostel at 11am, so we got a cab to take us up to 94th to stay at the Candy Hostel, the same hostel I stayed in last time with Michelle!

We arrived to be told that the website was incorrect, and we wouldn’t be able to check in until 3pm… That sucked! I was kinda relying on being able to check in early so I could shower there and get ready for the day properly. We headed downstairs to put our luggage in secure lockers, rugged up and headed to find somewhere for breakfast.

We found a little diner a few blocks up, where the service was, whilst not amazing, super fast. Our waters pretty much beat us to our table! We all got bacon and eggs (scrambled), Madi and I got cokes, and Mark got a coffee. The bacon and eggs were magical, I swear! Only a couple of bites in, and mine and Madi’s hangover’s were gone!! Then it was just tiredness that set in…

From the diner, we headed down the street to an AT&T phone store, so Madi could get more credit, then sat in starbucks for an hour or so, so Mark and Madi could use the internet to look up more houses.

Mark left to meet a friend, and shortly after that it was 3pm, so we were able to head back to Candy to check in!

There were a few extra fees we weren’t anticipating, but it worked out fine. We got up to our room and it was surprisingly huge! Compared to the room I shared with Mich last time, this one was not only bigger, but had bunk beds, and a TV and everything! Brilliant!!

Madi had a nap whilst I had a much needed shower, then I came back and thought I’d let Madi sleep a bit more and watched some of a Jim Carey movie called the Majestic. It was a serious role, and it was pretty good, I’ve never heard of it before though!

I woke Madi up, we found out Mark had checked in at this point too, and we headed down to meet him then head out to dinner. It started snowing whilst we were in times square – It was amazing!!!

We walked around a bit then finally decided to have TGI’s again. I had nachos, soo nice, but way to filling, and too cheesy.. So I didn’t end up eating much!

After dinner, we went into the Toy’s R Us store, and Madi and I went on the Ferris wheel!! It was awesome!!

We then caught the subway up into the Upper East Side, to catch up with some of mark’s friends for a games night. It was actually really fun, playing scattegory and stuff! Brilliant!

We left there about 11.30-12, we were on the Upper East Side, and we’re staying on the Upper West Side. So we walked back towards the subway, then realised we went 2 blocks too far so had to back track. Got on the train, got off at grand central station to change to a train which is going to Times Square, then realised after we were on it that we were going the wrong way… So we ended up in Queens. Got off, changed trains and headed back to Times Square. Changed again to another train that went up to the West Side. So many wrong turns so a would be 20 min trip took about an hour… We had fun though!

Got back to the hostel and decided we wanted internet and food, so grabbed our laptops and headed to good ol Miccy D’s!

This is where I’m currently sitting, it’s nearly 3.30am.. We’re about to head back to our hostel to watch the Men’s Final!! Go Andy! =P

Advertisement



30th January 2011

cant believe you havent told us how cold you are.glad you are having a good time with Madi.xxx
30th January 2011

I hope you're remembering where all these free wifi spots are. I don't think our hotel offers free wifi. :o( x
31st January 2011

Mum it's not even that cold... In fact, when you've got your huge coat on and you're walking around heaps.. you get really hot!!! And CK - Starbucks and Maccas ;)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.3kb