Day 35


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 21st 2009
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A year and a half late, and just before my trip back to this beautiful city, I've decided to finish this.. It will be a bit choppy seeing as... you know... It was a year and a half ago =P

Not sure what time we got up this day, but we decided to go on a long walk... Well.. I'm not sure we decided on it... But it happened! I'm sure one of us (possibly me) decided that the Dakota Hotel (where John Lennon was shot) was only a couple of blocks away, and therefore wouldn't take us long to get there.. How wrong I was! After walking what seemed like forever, we got there.. had a quick look, then decided the Subway might be a better idea!

After a short trip, we made our way to a cute little cafe for a pancake breakfast (yummm!).

Next stop: Tiffany's! Mich bought a couple of things, as did I. 2 matching charms that Mum and I wear on our pandora bracelets =)

We then headed down the road to the "Gossip girl" hotel (I was beyond excited) for the beginning of our Gossip Girl tour!! It was brilliant, probably not so excited if you haven't watched the show, but we saw everything, the school, where Chuck and Nate play basketball, even got to sit on the steps of the Met! We also stopped at Henri Bendel, where the producer of the show buys a lot of the girls head-wear. So I bought a cute little purple headband! Another stop on the tour was at a candy shop - Dylan's Candy Bar. It was really cute, and had 2 levels of all the candy you could imagine! It was created by Dylan Lauren - Ralph Lauren's daughter. Brilliant!

The tour finished in Union Square, so we made our way down to Hollister for some more shopping!

We had planned to finally go up to the top of the Rockafeller Centre that afternoon, but it didn't only rain... It poured!!! So we again had a night in, and packed up all our stuff, split some stuff in a 3rd suitcase so we could carry it all home!! There was also some leftover Malibu and Pineapple left over, so we had a few drinks to commiserate our last night in New York City... =(

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb