Day 36


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 22nd 2009
Published: January 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The plan for this day was to get up early and FINALLY do the Top of the Rock. Fail. Guess it's just another reason to go back!!

We instead, chucked our things in a locker at the hostel, then headed down to Times Square where we had some brekkie and did a bit of wandering, then heading to Madame Tussuad's. We were there for just under 2 hours pretending we were friends with the rich and the famous, then caught the Subway to FAO Swartz! This place was amazing! All the kids toys you could ever imagine! Amazing!! This is also the place that has the piano that Tom Hanks plays on in the movie Big. We had to have a go, it was heaps of fun!! There was a 2 minute time limit though... Fair enough I guess haha. You are also able to purchase these... For a measly $250,000..!

Having had enough of being a kid we walked out, saw the Apple store (just looks like a huge glass case with an Apple in it, you have to walk down some stairs to actually get into the store), then walked down a random street which had a huge market going on. Nice surprise and wasted some time!

We continued our walk, had some lunch in a dodgy KFC, then found M&M's World (sooo coool!) and saw the Naked Cowboy in Times Square. Michelle was brave enough to get a photo with him... He creeped me out too much to get one myself! After that we caught a cab back up to our hostel to get ready for our shuttle to JFK to go back to LA.

Our shuttle bus driver was insane. A complete maniac on the roads and was zooming in and out of traffic and yelling at people... I was seriously fearing for my life!!

Sat at the airport for a while, then once we finally got on our plan, we had to sit on the tarmac for over an hour and a half.. apparently because it was peak time and there was no room to take off... Great organising skills guys!!

We arrived to LAX an hour and a half late, about 10.45pm. We walked to the Raddison hotel where we were staying that night (which I don't think was too long a walk, but I think Michelle begs to differ lol). It was really nice there! And everyone was really helpful there, and they even gave us a late checkout the following day =)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb