26th July 2010 – Night of the long ...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wasn't well in the night - got up at about 1 and couldn't get back to sleep for an hour or two. Don't think it was anything I'd eaten - think it was the heat. Just so hot.

Woke up about 6.00 and we were ready for the taxi driver at 6.30 - he was waiting outside and said he'd been there since 5.00. He drove quickly to Newark as he wanted to get back to New York before there was too much traffic. Even stopping for Petrol we were at Newark by 7.00 (which was particularly impressive when we were told 45 minutes to an hour by the hotel staff).

Checked bags in @ $25 a bag - but wasn't a surprise. Then into the lounge courtesy of the Black card. Very posh shame I wasnt feeling upto stuffing my face!

Flight to Denver was on time - got some sleep on the plane and after picking up the car - which I upgraded to a bigger SUV - it's a beast - Ford Expedition - 5.4Litre engine - makes the Range Rover look small.

Drove from Denver - avoiding the Toll road to Cheyenne and tried to check into the Holiday Inn.. Pity as we were in the Days Inn across the road. Nice room and pool, the place is so clean I think the staff must have obsessive disorders.

After a very nice swim - we went into Cheyenne and caught the shoot out. Followed by a meal at the Village Inn - wehre Roger bought our puddings. Very nice.

Back to the hotel - where everyone slowly fell asleep around me!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb