27th July 2010 – My vegetable is a Jelly


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cheyenne
July 31st 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately hadn't turned of the alarm on my phone so that went off at 4 am. Excellent - got up and turned it off only for Paul Dolphin to phone at 5 am.... put phone on quiet before throwing it out the window!

Everyone woke up about 7 am. So we were in for breakfast around 8 am. First make it yourself waffles excellent! After breakfast we drove into Cheyenne so we could watch the Grand Parade which started at 9.30 and went on for an hour - it was surprisingly good - what a community I know the effort that goes into Downley Day and reckon about 10% of the whole community either appear in the parade or must be invoved in some way. Got some great pictures!

After the parade finished we headed over to the Frontier Days park and wandered around looking at the Western exhibits and the Indian village (which was great). Saw some native Indian dancing which was entertaining and very colourful - took lots of pictures.

It was now just after midday and the weather in the early 90s so we headed back into town to see what we could find to eat. Found a nice little diner for lunch called the Egg and I. We them drove the 400 yds down to the centre of town (I kid you not we fit right into the American lifestyle) and went to Wranglers and the Depot (which was the old railway station). The area outside the depot will be the area that is used for the Pancake breakfast tomorrow.

We all went back to the hotel and while Catherine, Eleanor and Matthew went in for a swim, Christopher and I went over to the Wal Mart. This is in a big shopping complex/area with loads of good eateries so we decided to come back this evening. In Walmart we bought loads of drinks as we can store them in the car.

Got back to the Days Inn and went in for a quick swim/spa. Then dried and off we went - visited Target (where my credit card was bounced - even though I'd already spoken with the Fraud people - not happy). Then eat in one of those Country buffet places - i.e. For $9.99 how much can you eat - which is always a challenge that certain members of my family are up for!

After dinner we went to TJ Maxx and then back to the hotel to watch the food programmes the kids really seem to like to watch!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



2nd August 2010

jealous
All looks wonderful you lucky people!! But I wanted to say, we knew Chris would look good with his hair cut but gosh he looks extremely handsome!!! And of course Matt does too. loved reading the blog, keep it up xx

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb