30th July 2010 – Buffalo Bill Cody


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Thermopolis
July 30th 2010
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up late today - 8.40 - so very little breakfast left. Catherine hunter/gathered for us and we snacked. Then onto the Dinosaur Museum and tour in Thermopolis. The museum was great including a Supersaurus called "Jimbo" - the tour was even better including a visit to a dig site with both bones and footprints. My first dinosaur dig-site! The ride in the bus was also very entertaining - I think I got some good video.

After the tour we went round the shop and then headed on highway 120 over towards Cody. Watching the height on the GPS we touched about 5600 ft at one point before coming down a little into Cody. Cody is a great holiday destination - and the gateway to Yellowstone. We have a duplex booked for about a week and when we arrived at 4 they were still cleaning it so we went downtown to the tourist information office (we'd already done the Wal Mart).

Came back to the duplex at around 5.30 and went in - very nice and incredibly clean. The view from the kitchen window has to be seen to be belived.

Then downtown to Sunset House to eat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb