On the Road Finally


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Location of Update: Derry, NH
Time scheduled for departure: 12 Noon
Time actually left in typical McLaughlin fashion: 1:43pm
(Please note: This is the time that Fortis left the driveway at 15 Apollo Rd. This does not include time spent at CVS in Derry, or stopping at Wendy's. Mostly we think that this is ok.)
(Please also note: DJ's car will henceforth be refered to as Fortis)

DJ arrived from storage/packing and showered while Katie went to grab a few last minute items at the store.

From Katie:
Things to note about the status of our car: I decided to color code bags of things that we'd need in our car. Food in one color, entertainment in another and first-aid/miscellaneous in another.
The front seat where I am sitting is now a mess of wires to enable us to be connected. Technology is a pretty amazing thing though, to think that we can be en-route and can update to our blog is very exciting.

We said goodbye to Mom, Dad and Nana and we proceeded to take some pictures. We attempted to take pictures with Duncan, and he decided that he was not going to be a part of things. We offered “cookies” but to no avail. But here are some pictures for your enjoyment! Mom got a little teary, and it is very interesting to think that today is finally the day where we embark on our roadtrip. It's hard to believe. I don't really want DJ to move to Texas, but I guess I can't really say anything since I'm moving to Montana in August. Either way, it is difficult to leave a place where you have spent most of your life at least thus far, especially to leave the people at least in terms of physically. But we take everyone with us including our experiences wherever we go.

In thinking about this road-trip, I wonder what we could possibly talk about or do to keep us busy. Thankfully our dear friends, mostly Kristin, gave us a large bag of goodies including many magazines, even my personal favorite - a doodle machine thingy similar to an etchasketch. You'll have to pardon my spelling and inaccuracy of words.

We have decided that in keeping with the nature of a blog that we will each update on our own and then not read them to eachother. Definitely will add a different dimension.

One hilarity that just happened was DJ's extreme excitement over realizing that he needed to adjust the steering wheel after I'd driven the car yesterday. It was very funny.

Today, our goal is Hershey, PA. DJ and I both decided that it would be really cool to go to Hershey Park but it costs way too much. We may go to Chocolate World however, tomorrow.

Sadness - wendy's doesn't have barbeque sauce.

That's all for now!

Time actually reaching the highway: 2:18pm
Hours to Hershey, PA: 7hrs and 34mins
Miles to Hershey, PA: 413mi
According to GPS: arrival at 8:43pm

Advertisement



11th June 2007

Good Luck
And Safe Driving!!
11th June 2007

too much??
how much is too much when you're talking about a park based on a chocolate bar?? When is the next time you're going to get to do that?
12th June 2007

No Barbeque sauce?
Hey they had the sauce when we were there...perhaps they thought it might hurt all those wires and things. Have a great adventure... Love Ya!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb