Day 7


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I feel IMENSLY blessed to be a part of such a wonderful camp! Walt Whitman is so awesome, the staff is great, Jed and Carolyn (the directors of camp) are great, and my co-couselor is Awesome!!! (Amberlynn) New Hampshire is so beautiful! The weather is so awesome, I think that it is a must, to camp or hike in the white mountains at least once in your life!!! I am so very blessed!!!!!! I woke up early this morning, about 6:25 and went for a run with Wes, from Tx, and Jessica from CA. Wonderful people!!! We are going to run every morning because it really got me energized and motivated me for the day!! We had breakfast, which seemed well earned :o) then we had junior camp announcements and then we were off to activites, the first one we were able to go into the lake and work on drills, they were mostly based on scoping the bottom of the lake to find unconscious campers or those drowning. The exercise is called LFD. So we had to dive under water and brush through the sand, we all came back with half the lakes sand in our swimsuits!!!! After that we went to the art shack and made our job wheel for our cabin, each morning the campers have a different job such as cleaning the sinks, toilets, running to maintenance, sweeping the porch and the inside, and counselors choice we glitter-fied it!!!!! Our theme is going to be “welcome to your fairytale summer!” After the art shack we went to tennis and learned some tennis techniques, we basically went through a “normal” day for the campers. Lunch was then served, sandwiches and we had the rest of the day off to organize our cabins and get ready for our trip to Lebanan NH. Amberlynn and I labeled everything down to the hooks so each girl has a place for everything; we also made signs for their beds. Wes, Torey, Andre, Amberlynn, Cara, Jessica and I all took the bus into town, about an hour ride and we decided to eat at the Brewery at town, we joined up with Jillian and Liz there, and there were a couple of other CWW staff members there. We then ventured over to Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree to get random stuff for our cabin. The bus ride home was a lot of fun but I was definitely worn out from the day, so I went to bed right away…Good NighT!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb