Laughlin, NV ; Little Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
February 25th 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I've been going to this destination for about 15 years at least once a year up to 5 times a year. It's one of my favorite destinations to visit. Its 5 hours out of LA so its a nice little get-a-way. It lies on the border of NV and AZ but is on the NV side for gambling. The boder is seperated by the Colorado River and all the hotels lie parellel to the river.

The hotels are very cheap compared to vegas. You can get a room for as cheap as $15 on the weekdays and usually $40-$60 on the weekends. I enjoy Harrah's a lot it has a decent beach by the river, nice pools, and is usually a younger crowd. Old people love Laughlin and the crowd varies during the cold season but during summer there is some good lake people! There is also a campsite and rv park close. The campsite is right on the river but be careful in the summer it get up to 120 F sometimes.

Also Lake Mojave is 15 minutes away in which is where we spend our days during the summer months. We go out and get a private
laughlin sea doolaughlin sea doolaughlin sea doo

ripping a lil off the top
cove where we set up camp and do all our stuff. It is so much fun and never gets old; i'm a water baby so its nice.

One of the reasons i like it so much is because its a little more mellow than other places not as many crowds or tourists. It is like vegas in the old days before it turned into a tourists haven. There are only 8 hotels and it still has a feel of an old fashioned gambling destination with some water sports thrown in. It doens't have all the glits and glamour like vegas but it works for me. The clubs are ok and not to much of a nightlife besides gambling and a couple entertainment oppurtunities such as bands and shows. Definatley a relaxing vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

laughlin gun showlaughlin gun show
laughlin gun show

get your tickets to the gun show? haha
laughlin hotellaughlin hotel
laughlin hotel

view of the mighty colorado from hotel room
laughlin laughlin
laughlin

aunt ripping it up


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb