The Wedding Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 28th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally the day that Karen and Dave have been planning arrives and there are two significant things that hit us.....firstly Dave has had to call out the doctor as he had a fever - HE IS OK - but obviously with the day ahead he wanted to feel his best. The doctor prescribed some drugs to get him through the day...thankfully they kicked in pretty fast and he was able to enjoy the helipcopter ride. The second thing was the ranched called to say it was SNOWING.....in the flipping desert and that we should bring warm clothes. This was entirely unexpected and we had all packed for the summer ish wedding in the Orchard. Oh well, what can you do but buy jumpers!

Bill, Maz, Mum, Frances and me had decided to drive up rather than take the helicopter so we started off about 10ish to get to the ranch in time for lunch. Took about 2 1/2 hours, a fairly straight road apart from when we went over the Hoover Dam - more on that tomorrow.

The helicopter gang were taking off at mid-day and we hope to have some photographs from the guys soon but I believe despite high turberlence (winds of 40mph) they all enjoyed the ride! They were picked up from the helicopter on a horse drawn wagon and bought to the ranch. IT WAS FREEZING and a change of plan was required - the wedding would now take place indoors with a roaring fire.

After lunch we retired to our cabins to get ready for the wedding which was taking place at 5.00pm. As well as writing this blog for Karen and Dave I was also charged with doing Karen's hair and make-up - eeek! Anyhoo you can see the results shortly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.2kb