Day 2 in this Crazy City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 27th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

KomodoKomodoKomodo

Don't mess with me dude
We're in the middle of a desert....you're thinking hot, humid and dusty......think again! The temperature has dropped, it is very windy and grey looking. Hmmmmm nevermind, we are Brits and these things don't faze us! Dave has also woken up this morning with a cold so he is having a pampered day and plenty of lemsip!

Our day begins with a eat all you can buffet in the Luxor - we all did our best to consume $15 worth but I think we may have failed on this occasion. The buffet beat us this time but there are 3 more days......oh yes!

We then moved on to Shark Reef at the Mandalay Hotel the only predator based aquarium in North America and I think it has to be one of the best aquariums I've ever been to. As well as a massive shark aquarium with lots of sharks and fishes there were 2 Green Sawfish, and a wonderful turtle. But I think that we were all blown away with the male Komodo Dragon - they is mean and I have to say that I was glad there was a reinforced perspex shield between us. Frances had a great time looking at the fishes and was most disappointed not be to able to join them...I think we have a budding diver here!

A short hop on the Monorail takes us to the Excalabur Hotel for lunch - it's a hotel in the style of Camelot! You have to see it to believe it. Personally I was not overly impressed with The Excalabur ......... didn't see hide nor hair of Merlin! Free time for the afternoon saw me trying to get the photo's loaded onto this site so I'm really pleased to see that so many of you are looking at it.

Karen and Dave decided to have a early night so they would be fresh for the big day ahead. The rest of us headed to The Venetian Hotel and what an amazing place it is. Have a look at the photo's - it's all indoors! Now at this stage the temperature has dropped but we thought we's view the fountains at the Bellagio but I found a building with the faces of Donny and Marie Osmond and was so preoccupied with them that I missed the blinkin fountains.

Donny and Marie photo will have to come later - temperament connection again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The ScousersThe Scousers
The Scousers

They get everywhere, don't they!
The VenetianThe Venetian
The Venetian

It's all indoors - crazy!


Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb