Introducing Mr & Mrs Turner


Advertisement
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So here they are.....Mr & Mrs Turner - CONGRATULATIONS!

There are more professional photographs but we wanted to get something online quickly. The Cowboys and Cowgirls who work on this ranch were fabulous, they were warm and hospitable and did everything they could to make this a warm and special day....despite the snow and freezing temperatures.

The ceremony was administered by a minister from Las Vegas who was flown out especially and he was a hoot. Full of character and funny stories. The Wedding took place in the Diamond Bar in front of a warm fire - it was beautiful and quite homely. Karen was serenaded in by Mike the Cowboy and his geetarrrr and I think that she looked stunning. Frances was extremely cute in her Princess Daisy outfit but refused to keep it on so was put in her pj - she was much happier. I think we might have got some professional photo's. We braved it outside for some photo's at sunset and then came in for a traditional steak dinner!

The evenings entertainment was a sing-a-long around the camp fire - are you mad, I hear you say, it freezing - but we were supplied with blankets and alcohol. An assortment of cowboy songs were sung but then the most amazing thing happened. There was a japanese rastafarian cowboy with dreadlocks working on the ranch who broke into an array of Bob Marely songs - you had to be there but it really was one of those moments that defined why Karen and Dave wanted this type of wedding - they wanted something different and different it was. Ninja Ras Noble (yes that was his name) kept us out for far longer than we intended and when I went to sleep last night I had a very large smile on my face.

I just want to finish this blog today by saying that Karen and Dave's Wedding was truely a magical day made all the more special by the surroundings of the Grand Canyon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



30th October 2009

Congratulations Karen and Dave
A big congratulations to you both on becoming Mr and Mrs Turner. I wish I could have been there to experience the great location and the lovely wedding. Great Pics so far Sarah and can't wait to see the professional ones when you all arrive back in England, obviously when I am staying at mum and dads! Love Fiona, Ash, Katie and Harry.
30th October 2009

Congratulations
Thrilled to see the photos, looks like you had a wonderful day, congratulations to you both Kevin and Jenny
31st October 2009

Congratulations!
Congratulations David and Karen! It looks like you had an amazing time!! I cant believe it was snowing!! That is insane!! Cant wait to see more pics! Safe journey home and love to all xxxx
1st November 2009

Ye-haw!!
Congratulations to you both, it looks absolutely fantastic and you both look gorgeous! Glad everything went well even if it was not to plan- made it all the more exciting I'm sure! Love to you both Louise, Rob, Ted and Betty xxx
17th November 2009

wow!!
You two look gorgeous. What a wonderful setting for a wedding. Congratulations you little love birds. See you on 5th December if not before. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb