Kansas City, Missouri


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Kansas City
August 9th 2007
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Kansas CityKansas CityKansas City

Kaufman Statium
This is a beautiful city. We are staying at the Raphel Hotel at the Plaza. It is a historic hotel that has been refurbished. Our "room" is the biggest suite we've ever stayed in. We arrived Wednesday late afternoon and after a short rest headed out to Kauffman Stadium to see the Royals play the Twins. They lost 11 to 2 as one Royals fan t-shirt read "the best minor league team in the majors." This would be a great place to see a Red Sox game. Our seats behind 1st base cost $25.00! Hot dogs $1.00!!!! Even with air fare and a room it would probably be cheaper then Fenway and you can always get tickets. Yesterday we spent the day in air conditioned comfort at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. They just opened a new wing and the museum, new addition and exhibits are world class. Free admission, free audio tour and a great cafe. The Plaza section of the city is beautiful. The flowers, fountains, statues and Spanish style architecture are hard to do justice to in a few words. The area is a very upscale shopping and restaurant destination. Sylvan was here about six or seven years ago and in that time many of the national chain stores have moved in. He was very disappointed that the cowboy furniture store he had wanted to show me was gone. We enjoyed our Kansas City beef at the Capital Grill in the Plaza. While waiting at the bar we met Casey who was in town for business and eating alone I guess he enjoyed our company because when we went to settle our bar bill he had already taken care of it. The steak here was the best we've ever had, expensive but worth it. Sylvan had the lobster bisque and I tried the New England clam chowder both were excellent but Sylvan said Dube's makes a better bisque. Today we face a LONG drive, close to 600 miles, route 70 across Kansas to Denver.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Kansaas CityKansaas City
Kansaas City

Raphel Hotel - Great place to stay.
Kansas CityKansas City
Kansas City

County Club Plaza Canal
Kansas CityKansas City
Kansas City

The city with the most fountains in the USA.
Kansas CityKansas City
Kansas City

Canal at night
Kansas CityKansas City
Kansas City

The Nelson Atkins Museum. They have a really broad high quality collection.
Kansas CityKansas City
Kansas City

Can you see Karen?
Kanas CityKanas City
Kanas City

There she is.


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb