Kansas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas
August 10th 2007
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday August 10th: We left the beautiful Kansas City and headed west on I 70, 600+ miles. It was a LONG drive with mile after mile of corn, sunflower and soybean. Rolls of hay, cows and horses periodically dotted the landscape. It's hard to imagine what life is like on these farms. Where do you go food shopping?! We only made a couple of stops. Our last was at the "Oasis" in Corey KN complete with 40ft fake palm trees. Our choices included Starbucks, Quiznos, Baskin Robin's need I say more? We actually went to a very lovely visitor center and met a elderly gentleman who works there. I felt bad when we had to say we were just passing through like 99% of the people who stop there. They do have a Prairie Museum that would have been interesting to tour. If it's hard to imagine modern life here with the internet etc. I cannot fathom life for the pioneers. Just to let you know most of the pictures were taken from the car traveling at 80 mph (speed limit 75) We arrived in Denver about 5:30 mountain time, after about 10 hours on the road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb