How Blessed We Really Are


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Saint Paul
August 9th 2014
Published: August 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Choir 7


The boysThe boysThe boys

Emmanuel,Eric,Luka
Today marks the first month since tour has officially started. We have traveled to two different states, had pizza 12 times, and the kids are still praying to see snow! 😊 That time will come but hopefully more later on. The kids are starting to become more comfortable with our culture, foods, and the American busy lifestyle. See for me, I like being on African time. Sometimes it may get me into trouble but the kids don't seem to mind it 😊 They're favorite foods so far are pizza, hamburgers, and French fries..... Haha welcome to America. They are going to do just fine here.
With my schedule being so busy I never have time to catch up on news or anything going on in the outside world because it is like I'm living in a dream with these kids. Going into new churches, evangelizing, spreading the good news and sharing the Holy Spirit wherever we go it is absolutely amazing the faith that these children have. It is exactly that childlike faith God tells US to have.
As I finally had the chance to look at the news my heart instantly broke. With the issues going on in Syria and
Girls :) Girls :) Girls :)

Esther, Elizabeth
Iraq, children being be-headed, Christians be persecuted all over the world, next month Pastor Saeed will have his two year anniversary of being held captive in Iran. I couldn't help but cry. Even in this very country Christians are being persecuted. If we speak out or defend any belief we are considered to be ignorant or fools. But at least here in this country we can stand out on the street corner and scream the name of Jesus as loud as we want. We can own bibles, go to church, have bible verse tattoos, travel as a Christian choir. Yes we still may get frowned upon but are we really suffering for His namesake?
The Christian church today is getting too comfortable, getting into the routine of things, scared to step out and take risks. If you lived in one of those other countries like Iran or Iraq would you profess to be a Christian? Or would you deny it to save yourself? It just amazes me how blessed we truly are here. I just pray that God lays it upon our hearts to rise up and become the church He has created us to be. We have such a
Aunties and UncleAunties and UncleAunties and Uncle

Henry, Lydia, Angella
great opportunity to make a large impact on this world. Let's take those risks, if God is for us then who can be against us?




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb