Baseball


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
July 1st 2005
Published: July 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Detroit Tigers stadiumDetroit Tigers stadiumDetroit Tigers stadium

Tiger's v Yankees from the top stadium, with detroit city in the background.
Go the Tigers! I was so pumped to be getting out of camp, even though we get weekends and afternoons off we can only go somewhere if the American staff take us out. And since I was with Detroit fans and I was staying in Michigan I became a Detroit tigers fan.

We finished on Friday and got set and Ying drove us to Detroit. But in his little 2 door sporty car we had me and him in the front and Gaby from Mexico, Sara from Denmark, Nstia from Russia and aika from Kazakhstan in the back. So the car was riding low to the ground.

We get to Detroit and couldn't find the stadium so we drove around the ghetto in Detroit for a while trying to find out where to go. So we got to have a bit of a look at Detroit and it is a nasty looking city! We finally find it and as walk towards the the stadium we see that the place is packed and there are people everywhere and scalpers are trying to sell us tickets. So I ask one of them if the game is sold out and it is,
Baseball fansBaseball fansBaseball fans

This all the guys from camp at the game.
so we decide to go check it out anyway. We get there and there are only standing tickets, so you can go in but you have no seat. We got the standing tickets $15 a bit steep but I was keen as.

So we go in and wait for the other guys coming from camp. First things first I grab a beer and some nachos and the beers are 33oz or about a1L which was awesome! And I spotted some empty seats in a row so I talked the others into sitting down and we watched the game from there till the owners of the seats arrived and we had to leave.

Then we walked around the stadium to have a look, it was huge it had a theme park with heaps of rides, three levels of setting and could take over 50 000 people. We met up with the others and they had got tickets from scalpers for cheap at the top grandstand and they let us take there seats for a while.

The tigers where cruising and ended up betting the Yankees 10-2 and after the game there was a huge fireworks display because it
FireworksFireworksFireworks

4th of july weekend celebations.
was the 4th of July weekend. We had an awesome view from the top of the stadium. After the game we went out to a Mexican restaurant for our 2 Mexican staff and we got lost again on our way there! but we got there in the end and had some pretty good food and a few coronas, A top night!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb