Week 4 camp


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Detroit
July 4th 2005
Published: July 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The shooting starsThe shooting starsThe shooting stars

The small group but Richard in orange is a full time task.
Americans love their fireworks! Every person in the U.S lets off over a pound's worth each a year if you divide it All up!

The 4th of July weekend (independence day or something) sounded like we where at war and the artillery was going sic, BOOM, BOOM!! non stop all weekend. It was tops though because the opposite end of our little lake are houses and they let off heaps. So we got to watch them lettin em off over the lake all night.

The Monday was 4th of July and a holiday for the yanks but we had to work, only 7 kids turned up! So we only had to work half a day each, which was tops cause we still get payed for it!

The rest of the week we had a few more kids but only about 25 all up. Although I only had a few kids I soon found out that 1 of my kids (Richard) was full on autistic. So it was a full on mission to get him to do shit or to understand him! And if you didn't watch him he would go missing. " excuse me tie Richard's shoes", Excuse
Bus dutyBus dutyBus duty

I had bus duty this week, which means you get up @ 6 in the morn go to the bus depo (pictuered) and take an hour bus trip and pick up some kids.
me what's your name" (he would keep asking what your name was) .

This weeks skit was crazy 'Dr doom and the poison dark frog' the kids idea!! At the sleep over i had all the boys in my cabin, young and old. Trent a 12 yr old regular didn't want to go to sleep at the little kids bed time and so he was being a little bugger, keeping the other kids awake. so I told him a story about Skippy the bush kangaroo and that did the job!
They love our animals over here. I have a heap of little koala toys and at the start of each week I have a Australia award and the best behaved gets the bear, good old bribery, it works though!



Advertisement



21st July 2005

your daddy is our teacher
hey, wat ya up 2? u need 2 put mor photos on ur site. ur dad is trying 2 make us do maths, but he kool. do u take after ur dad?? So how is ur travel been?? I bet you have met lots of interesting people and seen many things. My Name is Sarah and i play softball and i was wondering if you have seen a baseball game? They are so great the way they play if u havent i recomend you go see one it is worth while.I play for Qld state team iv gone to lots of places. Any way Where r u in your travels? Where ever you r it has to b better then skool.ne way we better g-o so bye for now all my friends say hello and you better holla back. L8A bro!Sarah,kylie,kayla.

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 110; dbt: 0.1199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb