no longer with the missle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maryland » Laurel
July 7th 1989
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

...its official...the great roadtrip of 1989 has finally come to an end.

a week ago today butch and i left shawano, wisconsin to return home (butch was needed to return home). we drove for about 8 hours, down wisconsin, through illinois, over into indiana...eventually, around 7:30pm our water pump crapped out on us, while on a toll road...so we pulled over...understood the damage, and proceeded to contact our RV club for a tow...we, eventually got picked up around 1-1:30am...and the next day, we waited for quite sometime for the mechanic to finish the repair...which ended around 3:30pm...so, it was back on the road...
we finally made it to butch's house around 4-5pm on friday evening...just in time to hop up on the boat, hit the lake and watch the fireworks...after spending the weekend at his house, we left monday morning to return me back to maryland...and thus, here i am writing to you lovely people...

while in shawano, we got to hit up a drive-in theater, saw A-team and prince of persia...damn, i miss drive-in theaters...

well, even though butch can't continue...i will still blow with the wind until i am to meet up with danny and mandy to hit up europe for a bit...so, tuesday, i'm heading down to orlando...and will then go from there...

overall...this was a great trip and an amazing experience...definately got some shout outs to throw...first goes to uncle mike in virginia beach(great hospitality), then spencer in bleauville(pie crazy), kaz and kay in wilmington, nc(kickball and sherades), goose, senjay, chelsea and company in charleston, sc(you guys rock), all the great welcoming centers for the hook ups and greetings, wal-mart parkin lots and the pimpin that went with it, my new cousins james, javon, smelly mel, david, jordan, the hostel, and all friends from savannah(you guys rocked my world, dont be surprised when i pop up again), Phil, hannah, luke, chas, tao (safety meetings kept my mind right)and all from the cajun lands, JIM NEALLY's Bar-B-QUE, all the cities with open container laws, St.Louis, kyle, tard, jess marie, mick, jake, cass, kayla, ashyln and all we met, to the two Douchebags we hung with in chicago, janeane, maya, joe for a great time in sycamore, Doctor Kitty for her personality, garden, cooking, driving, and overall awesomeness, and jennifer, sharon, byron (and your barking dogs)...also, to all the random people whose paths i crossed; thanks for all the wonderful memories...

may life keep bringin happiness to all in this existence...Life is lost if not truly lived...smile often...

you'll hear back from me while i'm in florida somewhere...

stay RAD and AWESOME
joDan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb