shawano, wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Shawano
June 29th 1989
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

...its been a long time, i shouldn't have left you...

currently having coffee, looking out the patio of a log home at a beautiful dusk...slowly preparing for i believe to be yet another amazing evening here in shawano, wisconsin...

well, we left st.louis possibly 2 weeks ago...and overall the experience was pretty descent. we also got to meet some pretty cool ass people there...shout outs to kyle, jake, cass, tard, jessica marie, ashyln, and kayla...(i got a pizza eating contest with her next time we cross paths)...
if you get a moment to stop in st.louis, there are a few things i think you should partake in. first and foremost...city museum...definately a great spot to spend the afternoon at, its a mcDonalds playground on steroids...and no matter your age, you'll enjoy it. if you head towards FOX theater and look across the street you will see The Best Steakhouse...you need to walk through the door and experience the whole thing from beginning to end, it wont do you wrong. and on your next eating venture, find EAT RITE, its a small hole in the wall kind of place...it has 13 barstools to eat at, and thats it..the prices are extremely cheap but the food is amazing. plus, if denise is working put a few coins into the jukebox and throw on FREEBIRD, she'll think your the 'cats meow'...
when then made our way up north to the outskirts of chicago...it was a small town called skokie...we met up with Dan Tan and Mandy. we then took the metro into chi-town to enjoy the city for the afternoon and evening. all i can really say about chicago, is that its enormously big. reminds me of new york city. overall the vibe was pretty cool. the only thing i wasn't too fond of, is that i didn't see many smiles amongst all the walkers. though, there was a pretty cool orchestra playing some symphanies. all in all, i'd recommend it to people to visit.
after two days of kickin it in the windy city...butch and i made our way to sycamore...which was a 100 mile drive that took us 4 hours...traffic and shitty tollroads were against us on this specific day.
we got to sycamore and kicked it with janeane, joe, and maya...if you ever wanna play puzzle pieces and want someone to ask if "you're ok" every now and then, then maya is kid you wanna chill with. all three were great hosts and kept us pretty relaxed...we thank yall....
illinois...i must say...is full of corn....corn everywhere...not that i mind, corn makes whiskey...
we finally left sycamore and headed to milwaukee...where we couch surfed with katherine wilson, soon to be doctor kitty...she is a cool/great person and a kickass couch surfer host. we arrived and hit up one of the coolest used bookstores i have and will more than likely ever see again...its called renaissance books, scope it out if you're ever in milwaukee. her garden was amazing, her roommate pretty cool, and her cooking was rad...if you ever make it to her city, have her 'drive' you around. plus, she and butch ripped her volvo apart...piece by piece...
we spent three days in milwaukee, enjoyed some badass thunderstorms and then made our way north.
we arrived here in shawano and were greated with open arms and barking dogs. butch got to meet his sister jennifer, which i could tell they both enjoyed. jennifers mom and husband (sharon/byron) live in a log home on about 37 acres. they have 6 dogs and 6 horses...the scenery is great on the eyes and the weather is even better.
the road is treating us well, the people we come across and encounter with all seem to be geniune and very nice. the weather gods still seem to favor us, which we are thankful for...

till i feel like writing again...stay rad...enjoy life...and remember: random acts of kindness give you strength and inspire others...

peace, hugs, and High 5's
joDizzle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb