Maine Coast then Inland.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Augusta
September 14th 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.316, -69.8049

The hotel yesterday recommended we go down the Maine Coast and visit some of the smaller towns.

On the way we crossed a very interesting bridge which had replaced another interesting bridge. The previous bridge was renowned as being the prettiest steel bridge of its time. The current bridge is also an interesting design.

Our first stop was Belfast which is very quaint with many older buildings.

We also met a couple from Indianapolis who were part of a car rally consisting of older vehicles. We had seen several of the older cars earlier in the morning.

By the time we were ready to leave the number of tourists had increased.

Our next destination was Camden. Again a very pretty New England town. By now the tourists were numerous so a trip to the pub was in order.

Final stop for the day is Augusta supposedly famous for Gothic Revival homes which must be hidden outside the main area.

We went downtown to what would be the historical part of town. There were several interesting buildings but the area needs to be revived. We did find a great rib restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb