Day 17 - Memphis to NORLANS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Michelle's US birthday!!
Hopped on the bus early as usual.. Stopped at a truck stop for a toilet break then when we hopped back on the bus we started watching Walk the Line (all about Johnny Cash).
We made a stop in Jackson, Mississippi, had some Cheese pizza flats or something... really nice but waaaaay to cheesy.. Mum you would have hated it =P
Had another stop just past the Mississippi/Louisiana border, then went through Kentwood, hometown of Britney Spears, whilst singing all her songs.
Finally we were in NORLANS!!! We were staying at the Prytania Park Hotel, which wasn't in the greatest location, but was pretty nice all considering. Our room was 2 stories, top level having two single beds, and bottom had one double, and the bathroom etc. We had planned on sleeping upstairs, but that didn't happen because it was a small spiral staircase, and being Michelle's birthday, we partied fairly hard and thought it would be safer to share the double 😉
So after settling into our hotel rooms - which luckily had good air con because it was ridiculously hot outside - we went down and did a Mississippi River Jazz Cruise. Not as exciting as we hoped, but it was nice enough. Had dinner on board, and the sunset whilst traveling down the Mississippi.
We then headed down to Bourbon Street, famous for the music, booze and boobs apparently, Quite true apparently. It was much like the seedy alleys in Melbourne really. First we went to Pat O'Brien's, which wasn't too exciting, but it was pretty. There we tried one of Norlan's famous cocktails, the Hurricane. It's supposed to be fairly strong...and I guess it was... But it was nothing to the next drink at the next bar.
We tried the more famous, and more alcoholic Hand Grenade at Tropical Isle bar. Michelle and I shared one (thankfully) because it was really really strong, but only tasted like Midori, so we drank it fairly quickly... I didn't have anything else to drink at this point. At this bar, Lauren got up and sang, and she was incredibly amazing!!! Such a great voice - I must say I'm a little jealous...
We then finally headed to a bar called Cats, and they were doing karaoke. We all got up on stage for a dance, but not much karaokeing was being done..
Headed home, stayed up for quite a while, chatted with Carl for a bit, then headed to bed in the early hours of the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb