Day 1...On our way!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky
June 11th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday morning....Early day as we had to be at airport by 9:00am. And I might be a little excited. Got to Louisville airport with problems. Rob dropped Kelly and Suzy and myself off right on time.

Quote of day...Sunday...
Rob told me 'Don't pinch pennies'....So excited!!

Chicago....
Last time I flew into Chicago was last April 2016 in our way to NYC for a long girls weekend.

Who knew how much fun we would have? Who knew how much life would change?

Wow!!!! After an uneventful flight to Chicago and a very very good lunch we boarded our flight for Philadelphia.

Problem....maintenance saw an issue that was not safety related and said they didn't need to fix just now. 25 minutes later...said they were going to fix and looking for part. Then they said more of a delay than first thought. We started to freak. Heather was in Philadelphia waiting on us. And we were doing the...If we leave in the next 20 minutes we are good. Then if we leave in the next 10 minutes we are good.

Poor Heather..,There was a chance we would miss our flight and she would be going to Venice with out us. And Heather didn't know the name of our hotel or the water bus transfer. And if we missed the flight, we wouldn't make it to Venice till Monday night after a 10 hour lay over in London. Not how I wanted to see London.

Finally wheels up and the pilot made great time. Free drinks for the hassle. When we landed in Philadelphia Heather had already boarded. So we ran off plane and ran to our gate. We got on our plane all hot/sweaty.

I felt like we sat on the runway for over 30 minutes before we took off. But we are now over the Atlantic Ocean. We've had dinner of chicken with rice and vegetables. With a small salad, roll/butter, cracker/cheese, and a desert. Best part was the complimentary wine with dinner!!! And seconds on the wine.

Watching the movie 'Table 19' and getting ready to dose off. Dosed for a short while and then watched 'Hidden Figures'. Both good movies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Good flight....Good flight....
Good flight....

On flight from Philadelphia...Free drinks after long delay.
All together. All together.
All together.

Finally all together...


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb