Kentucky Lake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kentucky
July 9th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My family takes a vacation to Kentucky Lake each year. It's south of Paducah. If you're ever looking for a family vacation I would definitely go there. They have pretty nice cabins and you can go boating on the lake. I haven't tried jet skiing yet, but it looks fun. Tubing is the best because you can get some awesome waves. It's great for water skiing too, just make sure you go in the morning. You can stay at the hotel too. It has a pool. One of my favorite things was the golf course. It's 9 holes, but you can play 18. The greens are pretty nice, and the people are friendly. We've been golfing there for over 8 years.

Other things we did around that area was go to the water park and go mini golfing. The water park was an outside one called Venture River. We went there for more than 12 years. It's a great family park, and is good for older children too. They have food and lockers, but we always ate on the way home. We usually stopped by the Pelican Restaurant. It's good. I looked forward to mini golfing the most. We've always been to Forgotten Past because it was closest, and it had an arcade and go-carts. Oh and bumper cars. It's an 18 hole mini golf course. There's some shops too, but they weren't always open when we went because we went so late. Usually they're open until 1. I think both the mini golf and water park are open Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Usually every other year we'd go to Patti's 1880's Settlement. It has plenty of restuarants and shops you can go to. Plus, a lot for little kids to do. I think they have a mini golf course and a rock climbing thing. We've never done those, just because every year we go, it seems to be raining.

In all, if you ever want to go to Kentucky, go to Kenlake. It's the absolute best.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb