RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Some reasons why I think certain high schools ban books is because certain books containing information on our hitory can make people upset or cause controversies. Certain people may not be able to handle the truth of our countries past due to heritage.



2. No I do not because I believe when teaching history the teacher should teach the subject so it does not take sidesand explain what was right or wrong. If a teacher does this is can have students get the wrong impression causing the student to become upset or hurt.



3.I think students should be able to read and learn certain books and they should not be banned because children could learn from our past and see how it changed our world today.



4.I think the pressure on teachers comes from parents and even the school board because parents could not agree with the subject being taught and could come in and complain starting a problem. And also the pressure comes from the board because those are the people that control your job so if they tell you to teach or not to teach something the teacher needs to follow the rules or their job could be in jeopardy.



5.If someone were to fight the book censorship they could show evidence on how the academics could help and give knowledege to the students.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb