RIHLA #3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
September 25th 2011
Published: September 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. This article relates to what we are learning in class because we are learning about the classical era and the different caste systems. This article talks about how the "untouchables" were unclassified and what they meant to society in the classified ages. In class, we talk about the different caste systems and what they meant to the people during that time. Beyond that, this article specifies and demonstrates how women were thought of because they were beaten and raped, which meant the men didn't think too much of them.

2. I personally don't think the people respond to the Caste System because of the simple fact that they couldn't disagree. They had a ruler who wanted everything to go his way and there wasn't any disagreement because they probably would be punished. I'm certain a lot of people thought it was unfair and were scared because of it, but I don't think anyone publicly expressed how they felt.

3.The treatment of the Dalits relates to the treatment of groups of people in United States History because, for example, slave women were beaten and raped and there was no such thing as the law or the police to help intervene. People who witnessed this were either against it or wouldn't do anything because they were afraid of what was going to happen to them. This also relates to people in the U.S History because some women in India are forced into prostitution and some women in America are the same way. It's a connection because women who are forced into prostitution get sent over seas to countries like India so they will never be seen or found again and they are put in the sex trade, etc.

4. The part that interests me about this article is the fact that slavery does somewhat still exist in our World today. I never understood how "real" some things were until reading this. I never imagined that women would be treated like that, regardless of if the man is superior. This shows that women will probably always be treated inequivalent to men. The way they torture people and kill people in India is very sad, especially when the police are in agreement with it so those people have nowhere to run or turn to.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb