RIHLA#21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In the article, Lincoln's Legacy Fights Modern Slavery, it says that the difference among modern and earlier forms of slavery is that there are no plantations, slave cabins, and auction blocks. However the abuse and manipulation are still present. This movement to raise awareness about human trafficking connect with the legacy of president Lincoln because when he was president he created the emancipation proclamation stating, which stated the slavery was no longer allowed. Shortly after his emancipation proclamation the thirteenth amendment was issued and this banned slavery. The Polaris project is a movement to try to raise awareness and help people that are being abused and reporting any sign of trafficking among the communities. I believe this project is good because like the emancipation proclamation it brings hope to the people who are being abused. This project can essentially change the lives of millions of people. After reading this article I now believe that human trafficking is a form of slavery because of the fact that people are being taken against their own will and being treated as property and not human beings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb