Rihla19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

some of the reason certain books are banned from school is that because of the controversial issues they speak about. Some of these issues are sex, profanity and racism. although I believe that these three topics are very controversial I don't think the should be banned and non accessible to young people in schools. I believe that being able to read these topics allows students to think for themselves instead of having to rely on other people for information on these topics. Restricting these young people from topics like these creates ignorance amount the young people in school. I believe parents pressure teachers on what they are allowing their child to read. Parents want to be able to dictate what their children see and hear, and because they are the parents they want to be able to be in charge of their views on these controversial topics. In order to fight against book censorship i believe that the people must get a petition with a certain amount of people who sign and than take the book to the school board to discuss it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb