Rihla #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to Castiglione, an ideal man must be bold, strong, and loyal to whomever he serves. He should be a man of war and know how to handle every weapon. Also, an ideal man should be a musician,an artist, and a tennis player. He must do no evil, have lots of knowledge in order to speak and write well, and should obey, please, and honor his wife. I somewhat agree with Castiglione's description of what makes an ideal man. For instance, I do believe that an ideal man should be bold, strong,and loyal. I also believe that he should do no evil, know how to speak and write well, and respect his wife. These qualities are important for an ideal man to have. However, I don't think it is necessary for an ideal man to be a man of war, a musician, an artist, and a tennis player. Although it can be beneficial to be a man of war, a musician, an artist, and a tennis player, I don't think it is crucial for an ideal man to show those qualities. Moreover, I think few men like this exist today.

2. I think Castiglione thought men should live and act the way he described because if the men lived being bold, strong, and loyal, then they could be well respected and considered good members of their society.

3.I think it is better to lead through both fear and love. If someone leads through fear, then it will be rare for people to turn against her/him. Furthermore, if someone leads through love, then people will have a stronger connection with her/him and support her/him.

4. Adolf Hitler, the leader of the Nazi party, lead through fear. Adolf Hitler, along with the members of the Nazi party, killed about 6 million Jews and several other groups of people. Furthermore, he lead through fear because no one ever stopped him from killing the Jews. Since many people feared him, they though it was best to step away and let him kill the people. This leading style contributed to Adolf Hitler having as much power and killing millions of people without anyone stopping him.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb